The Sledgehammer!

Call the tune - Talk about whatever!

Re: The Sledgehammer!

Postby bruce » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:21 am

For those that have blogs that are article-like (Carla!)...

Could I persuade you to copy and paste this content into a wordprocessor and send it to me. If they should be an article, let's make it such!

As far as discussion capability, nothing is slated to change with the discussion. I'm leaving it alone other than to possible add some more navigational links to the top to help folks find things. So, if the upload and mp3 features work now, they should keep working.

(Of course, it's my worry that there are some ties into the other system that I don't know about, but I don't think there are. Suffice to say, there will be growing pains!)

Thanks!

Bruce
bruce
Admin

Postby JoeBesse » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:58 pm

Hi Bruce,

Please let me know when the club section is fixed. I need to make a few changes in 2 clubs that meet Louisiana. Thanks a lot for all of your great work on the ED site.
JoeBesse
Senior Mbr (101-500 posts)

Postby Carla Maxwell » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:21 am

bruce wrote:For those that have blogs that are article-like (Carla!)...

Could I persuade you to copy and paste this content into a wordprocessor and send it to me. If they should be an article, let's make it such!

Hi Bruce,

I found something to send you, but I think it is stuck in my ED outbox.

Unfortunately, I think I wrote most of my ED blog-articles directly onto the ED blog and did not keep copies.
Carla Maxwell

Postby strumelia » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:05 pm

Carla Maxwell wrote:Hi Bruce,
I found something to send you, but I think it is stuck in my ED outbox.
Unfortunately, I think I wrote most of my ED blog-articles directly onto the ED blog and did not keep copies.

Carla, your message to Bruce is not stuck- all sent messages will sit in your 'OUTBOX' until the recipient opens and reads them. Once Bruce opens and reads your message, it will show up then in your 'SENT' box instead of the outbox.

You can select/copy/paste any of the text in your blog entries and paste them one at a time into a word type document, and save it as a long text file on your computer. Then you can send that text file to Bruce and he can theoretically convert it into a member article. You need to do this if you want to save a copy of the stuff you wrote on your blog. Hope this helps?
Last edited by strumelia on Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
strumelia
Super Mbr (501-2000 posts)

Postby mrlysle » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:39 pm

Where's Dan? Is he still involved here? Sent him a PM, but no response. No responses or comments on Dulcimer School either.
mrlysle
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Postby bruce » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:49 am

Hi all...

This page is currently devoid of header, footer, and site styling...which is all in the works, but if anyone is looking for clubs, they are here:

http://www.everythingdulcimer.com/clubs_display.php

Now, we have about 150 clubs converted to DB format that are displayed here. Only 300 or so to go! (This is a manual cut-and-paste effort! Yuk!) The rest will appear as we get them converted. Hope to get 50-100 more done per day until we're done! (Jenn's helping me on this one.)

Anyhoo, I'm prepping some of the technical pieces so that I can apply headers, footers, styling, etc. sooner rather than later.

Oh, and a simplified tab interface is here:

http://www.everythingdulcimer.com/tab/

Bruce
bruce
Admin

Postby KenH » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:45 am

Thanks Bruce.

"Every day, in every way, we're getting better and better..."
KenH
Dulcified! (>2000 posts)

Postby strumelia » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:31 am

AWESOME!
strumelia

Postby Skip » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:23 am

Bruce;

There was a group called Music Theory for Beginners that had a long topic about intervals. If that hasn't been trashed It could be useful as an article. I'm willing to take a shot at it even it it's nothing more than transcribing it.
Skip

Postby Robin T » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:26 pm

Want to both thank you and cheer you on, Bruce! :D
Robin T
Dulcified! (>2000 posts)

Postby JoeBesse » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:14 am

Hi Bruce,

I noticed that there is no listing on the club site for the Cajun Dulcimer Society. Is this still listed on the site? You told me to send you changes. The only changes were with Lagniappe Dulcimer Society and Red Stick Strummers. The Rice City Pickers is disbanded, so please remove this club. The Cajun Dulcimer Society in Lafayette is OK and info posted originally is still current. Thanks for your help on these items.

joebesse@aol.com
JoeBesse

Postby strumelia » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:29 pm

I would imagine a good plan might be to let Bruce continue working on all the complex programming involved in fixing the site overall. I get the impression there is a lot to be done! Then when he posts the new club list and other content in their new locations, we can then look everything over and send him any corrections, additions, or deletions that might be needed. :)
strumelia

PreviousNext

Return to Jam Session - General Discussion