The Sledgehammer!

Call the tune - Talk about whatever!

Re: The Sledgehammer!

Postby Caroling » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:29 pm

As an addendum Bruce, since you are tinkering under the hood. Can we go back to the old style dulcimer event page which listed the date, event,and location in table format I could quickly skim to see what was in a day's drive or what was newly added. The current format is time consuming to click each event to see location primarily, which for me makes a difference. A simple what when and where suffices for me.
Thanks!

Carol
Caroling
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Postby Robin T » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:35 pm

Bruce,
To me, ED is the discussion forum. 8) Got me off to good beginning on my dulcimer journey back in '05 and I'll always be grateful. And take all the time you need with things-- save your sanity first! :D
best wishes,
Robin T
Robin T
Dulcified! (>2000 posts)

Postby Zira » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:36 pm

I'm good with it, & I REALLY appreciate your efforts.
Zira
Senior Mbr (101-500 posts)

Postby musicoutreach » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:37 pm

Bruce,
I totally agree with your suggestions. I don't use the Facebook part anyway. The discussion, tabs and articles are what interest me the most. Thanks for all your hard work!

Susanne
musicoutreach

Postby halfpint » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:00 pm

I use the discussion, clubs and events listing frequently, as well as occasionally the tab (I play HD, so am usually looking for the melody or chords though). To me those are the most important parts of the site. I get off the computer and do my social networking in person.

Dawn
halfpint
Super Mbr (501-2000 posts)

Postby kwl » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:37 pm

I concur with the sentiments of all the others here. Looking forward to a smoothly functioning site in the future. And as others have expressed; thank you for all you have done, continue to do and imagine for ED. I am so grateful of this site.

Ken
"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."
kwl
Dulcified! (>2000 posts)

Postby Alanrichie » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:45 pm

The novelty of the Groups and socializing parts of ED quickly palled for me too. I too come here for the discussion boards, though now I do more reading than posting . . .
Alanrichie

Postby Dusty Turtle » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:02 pm

Bruce, add my voice to the chorus of those thanking your for your hard work and offering our patience. Thanks so much.

I have to admit that I was not even aware there was a Facebook-like part here, but since I am not on Facebook, I might not recognize it when I see it. Everything Dulcimer nurtured me from my pre-natal dulcimer life through my toddler years. The discussion forum, the tab archive, and the member articles were all indispensable. Other sections of the website I either never found or found too confusing to make effective use of.

Thanks again for taking on this work for the benefit of the dulcimer community at large.

D.T.
Dusty Turtle

Postby Nancy C » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:35 pm

Whack away! FB is fine... elsewhere; it just gets in the way here. Tab, teachers, clubs, talk and event notices are enough to keep up with. And where I head first. Thanks for a great job!
Nancy C

Postby stevegonzal » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:37 pm

You know, just the other day I was thinking that Everything dulcimer was spinning off in so many directions! When I found the site originally (around 2006), It was perfect for what I wanted. I wanted a place that had tableture so that I could learn some tunes. I also wanted to know about how others learned to play and what they liked about their dulcimers. If I want to see someone play their dulcimer I can go on youtube. I have a facebook account, but I don't use it often.The simpler the better for me. I hope that you can tighten things up a bit and put the focus back on the Dulcimer and not on the new avatar I created! :)
stevegonzal
Junior Mbr (0-50 posts)

Postby strumelia » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:05 pm

stevegonzal wrote: I hope that you can tighten things up a bit and put the focus back on the Dulcimer and not on the new avatar I created! :)

You put up an avatar pic of a lovely steel touring beauty (Rivendell H.Hilson, even perhaps?) with a Brooks saddle (and is that a Nitto Crystal stem?) and you expect me to ignore it?
strumelia

Postby brashley46 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:33 am

strumelia wrote:
stevegonzal wrote: I hope that you can tighten things up a bit and put the focus back on the Dulcimer and not on the new avatar I created! :)

You put up an avatar pic of a lovely steel touring beauty (Rivendell H.Hilson, even perhaps?) with a Brooks saddle (and is that a Nitto Crystal stem?) and you expect me to ignore it?

Yowza! :twisted:
--
Another bikie in the North
brashley46

PreviousNext

Return to Jam Session - General Discussion