Happy Halloween - Any Halloween Gigs?

Call the tune - Talk about whatever!

Happy Halloween - Any Halloween Gigs?

Postby Ptarmigan » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:10 am

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

Just wondering how many of you have Halloween Gigs, tonight?

We are playing tonight, but it's not actually a Halloween gig.
It is actually in aid of the Northern Ireland Kidney Patients Association who are trying to raise funds for a Dialysis unit for our local Hospital, so there'll be no daft costumes.
The music is billed as Irish/Ulster Scots, so there may well be some Tartan being sported.

Oh, by the way, if you are looking for Halloween Songs, you might like to check this out:

Halloween Songs

Cheers
Dick

Ptarmigan
Super Mbr (501-2000 posts)

Location: Spying on you all, with Binoculars, from a hill in Co. Antrim, Ireland

Postby Ptarmigan » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:39 am

Here's a rather amusing video of a Halloween Prank:

:arrow: Halloween Prank

Ptarmigan

Location: Spying on you all, with Binoculars, from a hill in Co. Antrim, Ireland

Postby SteveK » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:47 am

No gig tonight but a bunch of us did play a halloween dance last Friday. It was a pretty good gig, with lots of food served during the break.
SteveK

Postby Sarah » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:11 pm

We (my band, Ice Jam) will be playing tonight, but only because it's our usual Wednesday night at the Coffeehouse. We know a few songs that involve ghosts, so maybe those will be sung. "Spadookis," a jig in Am (in the Portland Collection) is kind of spooky-sounding, so we could do that. But mostly we'll just do our usual unstructured thing.
Sarah

Postby SteveK » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:24 am

Like Sarah, we had a regular session last night. But due to the Chaos in the Core our venue was shut down because of power outage. There was a huge hole in the street caused by watermain breakage. The hole affected some power lines and the whole downtown area was without electricity. A trick for Halloween. We ended up playing in someone's kitchen which was really quite nice.

SteveK

Postby Seane » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:08 pm

I played a couple of hymns last night in church. Nothing spooky, though, except for the "arrow-through-the-head" hat I wore. (I took it off for the actual service.)
Seane

Return to Jam Session - General Discussion