Beautiful Webster hammered dulcimer

New and Used

Beautiful Webster hammered dulcimer

Postby pbrawdy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:01 pm

Bill Webster makes a beautiful sounding dulcimer that has volume, tone, and stays in tune very well. Many of the professional players in Michigan have Websters. This one is special, it has custom celtic sound holes, herringbone around the entire dulcimer. Spruce Soundboard, and a redwood back for good volume. It also has inlay on the top rail of a flower type design. It has good volume, and a sweet but bright sound. It has a deluxe padded case which zips all around and was custom made. New price of a dulcimer without any inlay is $1900 on Bill Websters website, and the case is worth $200. So $2100 total. The sound hole designs and inlay, fancy redwood back, adds another $500 to the price. I am selling this one for $1350 with case included which is a bargain . Websters have a great sound. When you are in a jam you can hear yourself above all others so it's easy to pick out a tune you don't know. The dulcimer has cherry side rails, and a spruce sound board. The cherry wood will become rich and red as the years go by. I will ship to you, and have shipped instruments before and they arrive safe and secure. I will give you a link to the pictures that are on webshots so you can view it there. This dulcimer was built in 2003 and is written on the card inside the dulcimer. It is Fifth tuned, and not octave tuned. Bill makes some octave tuned which is different than other dulcimers. Please give me a call if you are interested and have questions. Call Paula at 616 240 0445. Here is a link to the pictures on webshots:

http://community.webshots.com/album/580 ... =community
pbrawdy
Senior Mbr (101-500 posts)

Re: Beautiful Webster hammered dulcimer

Postby The Mousetrapezoid » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:08 pm

Paula, this gorgeous HD looks like it's a chromatic model. Do you have a tuning chart? If so, could you please email it to me? My address is sharona_sings@hotmail.com Thank you!
The Mousetrapezoid
Senior Mbr (101-500 posts)

Return to Hammered Dulcimer Instruments