shipping mountain dulcimers inexpensively!?

All strummers welcome!

Re: shipping mountain dulcimers inexpensively!?

Postby 5kwkdw3 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:25 am

When I first started selling my collection a bit ago I was guilty of doing the same thing....."$20.00 bucks shipping". However I packed the instrument as I would have liked to receive one (ie. good packing job) then went to UPS only to find out my bill was about $100.00 to $125.00 and I lost my shorts over the deal. People who haven't done it before just don't have a clue, including perspective buyers. A buyer that has $20.00 bucks shipping in his/her mind will take offense to seeing a quote of $100.00 in the ad. That's also not to mention Alaska or Hawaii. Probably the best way to list an item is to say, "Buyer pays actual shipping", that way they can decide how much to spend. Kevin.
5kwkdw3
Super Mbr (501-2000 posts)

Re: shipping mountain dulcimers inexpensively!?

Postby pbrawdy » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:03 am

5kwkdw3 wrote:When I first started selling my collection a bit ago I was guilty of doing the same thing....."$20.00 bucks shipping". However I packed the instrument as I would have liked to receive one (ie. good packing job) then went to UPS only to find out my bill was about $100.00 to $125.00 and I lost my shorts over the deal. People who haven't done it before just don't have a clue, including perspective buyers. A buyer that has $20.00 bucks shipping in his/her mind will take offense to seeing a quote of $100.00 in the ad. That's also not to mention Alaska or Hawaii. Probably the best way to list an item is to say, "Buyer pays actual shipping", that way they can decide how much to spend. Kevin.

I agree with you, you just never know for sure until you package it, weight it and measure it, and put in the address! been there with you on shipping surprises... Paula
pbrawdy
Senior Mbr (101-500 posts)

Previous

Return to Playing Mountain Dulcimers