Dulcimer Player News

Discussion threads tucked away for browsing or searching

Postby Marc Mathieu » Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:00 am

Glad you went for it Steve! I really enjoy reading it from cover to cover. There are alot of ads but I enjoy reading them. It's also an excellent way to find out about all the festivals happening throughout the summer (& year round). Got the latest issue today - great reading coming up.....Wink
Marc Mathieu
Dulcified! (>2000 posts)

Postby SteveD » Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:34 pm

Thanks Marc. I will post my thoughts on this first issue when I get it an read it. Stay tuned.
SteveD
Senior Mbr (101-500 posts)

Got my first issue.

Postby SteveD » Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:41 pm

Hey you all. I got my first issue of DPN. Very nice issue. Yes there are a lot of ads but it has been fun looking at them and discovering some new things. The articles have been fun to read especially the one on creating your own fingerpicking piece and the other on the song "En Filant Ma Quenoille". And of course the article on practicing has some good thoughts to concider. I think I'm going to like it.Smile
SteveD

Postby kwl » Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:21 am

Glad you like it! You'll find it a valuable resource. I go back to issues from years ago for little bits of information every now and then. Recently I was going through some of the issues from the late 1970s to find information on a particular player. Enjoy!
kwl
Dulcified! (>2000 posts)

Re: Dulcimer Player News

Postby Guy George » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:44 pm

I've never seen a successful magazine that didn't have a lot of ads in it .. That's what pays for the magazine ..Advertising ...
DPN is a GREAT magazine . I highly recommend it . Tons of tunes, articles, how to's, ect for everyone . and yes , a way for getting dulcimer product out to the public if interested .
Guy George

Re: Dulcimer Player News

Postby Marjorie Orr » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:58 am

I agree that the slant is more toward the MD, but what is there for the HD is always great and the last quarterly issue was really great. Getting a CD with it each month is also a plus. We HD players have to realize that we will always be in the minority because of the price, complexity of learning, and # of strings to tune. After having said that, I'm wondering, do I really love the challenge or am I just a glutton for punishment as I have a new model of a larger (more strings to tune) dulcimer on order!!!
Marjorie Orr

Previous

Return to The Archives