Dulcimer Player in Branson, MO

Discussion threads tucked away for browsing or searching

Dulcimer Player in Branson, MO

Postby Bobbi » Sat Jul 05, 2003 8:39 pm

I was talking to someone today, who had visited Branson, MO. She said she saw someone playing an instrument like I have Razz (mountain dulcimer). She could not recall the performer's name; however, I believe she said that this person was playing at a restaurant. Does anyone know who that might be? I was just wondering if that was someone on this site.
Bobbi
Senior Mbr (101-500 posts)

Postby suenadia » Sat Jul 05, 2003 10:30 pm

Hi Bobbi!! Don't know who that would be, but I was in Branson last Feb. and I got to talk to a builder there. Can't remember his name though, lol. It was there that I got re-infected with the dulcimer fever (previously lying dormant for 17 yrs.) and broke down and bought one this past May. LOL! LOL! Sue
suenadia
Senior Mbr (101-500 posts)

Postby kwl » Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:02 pm

I don't know who might have been playing in the restaurant. I've never to be Branson. The dulcimer maker in Branson is Joe Sanguinette (sp?). He makes very nice dulcimers. I wrote an article about him for Dulcimer Players News many years ago.
kwl
Dulcified! (>2000 posts)

Postby Dave-M » Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:12 pm

I'd imagine that there are a bunch of dulcimer players in Branson. Cedar Creek Dulcimers has been there for enough years to have sold a bunch of dulcimers. Every music store that I went into ther sold 'dulcimer tring sets', something that I've never seen here in Phoenix, AZ. Peace, Dave
Dave-M
Super Mbr (501-2000 posts)

Postby KenH » Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:30 am

Geez Dave; come up out of The Valley heat and buy some dulcimer strings. At least two shops here sell dulcimer strings in two brands - D'Addario and GHS!!!
KenH
Dulcified! (>2000 posts)

Postby Dave-M » Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:51 am

You must be educating them up in the mountains that you live in. I buy my strings ala-cart down here and listen to 'whatcha got, a banjo?' Wink Peace, Dave
Dave-M

Postby kwl » Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:43 pm

I think Joe is Cedar Creek Dulcimers.
kwl
Dulcified! (>2000 posts)

Postby LDDulcimer » Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:23 pm

Branson is a very bad place for those of us who love dulcimers. I took got hooked on dulcimers in Branson (specifically Silver Dollar City) many years ago. During my last visit to Branson in June I bought a new Cedar Creek dulcimer which I just love. More info and pictures at: http://members.tripod.com/lddulcimer/dulcimers.htm I am not sure who the dulcimer player is that you heard. One of the sad things I noticed the last two times I was at Silver Dollar City was the lack of musicians playing on the grounds. There used to be at least a few dulcimer players playing each time I went there. But, this season is our first back in over 10 years and it seems that there are very few musicians anymore. Frown I am looking forward to the Silver Dollar City music fest in the Fall.
LDDulcimer

Return to The Archives