Summerfest 2003

Discussion threads tucked away for browsing or searching

Summerfest 2003

Postby Gail Knapp » Fri Jul 04, 2003 1:07 pm

Is anyone else going to venture out next week July 10-12 for Summerfest 2003 in Carthage, MO I am going up on Fri. the 11th and Davef and his wife are going to be there for the whole weekend. EDers are going to get together. Do we have any vendors that are going or other ED members? I will be wearing a pin that I made to advertise ed.com. Also I will be bringing with me a bunch of fliers to give out that I scanned of the ad that was in DPnews, with the permission of Bruce. All aboard for the Ozarks!!LOL! GailK
Gail Knapp
Super Mbr (501-2000 posts)

Summerfest

Postby Don » Fri Jul 04, 2003 2:25 pm

Hi Gail, Theresa and I are going to try to make it up there on Friday, at least for part of the day. I don't know what time we will be there, it all depends on our work schedules....................Don
Don

Postby spoonsman » Fri Jul 04, 2003 4:32 pm

Take your fans and ice. I think the concerts/stages will be outside this year as well as the food. I think that a car show is booked for the main area, but workshops will inside. Sounds as if it will be like it was several years ago.
spoonsman
Senior Mbr (101-500 posts)

Postby Gail Knapp » Fri Jul 04, 2003 5:35 pm

Hi Don, glad to see you on ED.com! I will plan on being there around 10am and who knows how long I will stay. it all depends on how my day goes up there. Spoonsman is right. Bring a lawn chair too! Don't know what they will have us sitting on outside. In the past it was hay bales. but God has given me a really nice trade in for my little p/u and I am driving a Ford Explorer, so now I can fit everything into the back area with no problem. Look for me Don with my Gail Knapp ed.com name tag. dave f says he is a big bald headed guy, but you said that you are too in the summertime anyway...wouldn't it be a hoot if ya'll look alike.?EEK! LOL! Hope to connect up with you too. GailK
Gail Knapp

Postby LDDulcimer » Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:39 pm

Hope you all have a great time! I was originally planning to go, but am not going to make it due to other commitments. I will make it to the Great River Road Festival in August as that is within an hour of my house!
LDDulcimer

Postby Davef » Fri Jul 04, 2003 8:33 pm

Hi Gail We will be looking for you on Friday, there are 9:00 workshops and then we will head for the performance area. I hope we make connections. Dave
Davef

Postby suenadia » Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:35 am

Agh. I am so jealous of you all, going to festivals. (well, jealous and happy for you at the same time!) I have never been to one yet. I am starting school again full time this week, so it looks like I won't have a chance to go this summer.(I'm going back to school at age 43!!) I'm going to get my medical records/coding license so I can work full time. Anyway, I hope to try and make it to the one in Georgia this fall... hm can't remember the name. I think you have to be a member to go so I need to join. Sue
suenadia
Senior Mbr (101-500 posts)

Summerfest 2003

Postby Gail Knapp » Fri Jul 11, 2003 8:02 am

Well Gang, I am off to Summerfest in Carthage, MO this morning. I get to meet up with Davef and his wife Cookie from ed.com hailing from Baltimore, Ohio. We are all excited to be meeting each other.Wink Might be meeting Don and Theresa from a nearby town here in OK too. I will take pics and post them to you Bruce for the photo gallery. I made up a special ed.com name tag in case others are around from the site and I have some fliers to hand out too. so, I am all set. "Talk" at ya'll later on GailK
Gail Knapp

Postby Gail Knapp » Sat Jul 12, 2003 4:48 am

Hi Folks, Had a great time at Summerfest yesterday. Met up with Davef from Ohio and Don from Ok. We had our pic taken together in hopes that we can put it on the photo gallery. It is the middle of the night here. Don't know why I woke up sooo earlyMad! EEK! But that is how it is sometimes. I do get alot done inthe housework dept. in the middle of the night. Baking too, it's a good time for that during the summertime. Keep making that music, GailK
Gail Knapp

Good time

Postby Don » Sat Jul 12, 2003 8:31 am

Theresa and I had a great time at Summerfest. So far, Theresa had been remotely interested in dulcimers because of my interest. After hearing the great performers yesterday and meeting some dulcimer folk, she is now trying to decide which Mountain dulcimer she wants, and, on the way home she asked ol' Santa for a hammered dulcimer for Christmas. We were honored to meet Gail from nearby Vinita, and, Davef from Ohio. They are very nice people. I got to see the BEAUTIFUL banjimer Ken Hulme built for Davef, what a nice instrument. Our only regret is that we had to leave very early (I had to scoot home and go to work) and didn't get the chance to get to know Gail and Dave better.
Don

Postby Davef » Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:17 pm

Hi Gail and Don We just got in this afternoon, it was about a 12 hour trip with the trailer, we had a great time and enjoyed meeting both of you. The entertainment Sat night was really good, everyone was great but Don Pedi did a set with the Hammer Sisters which was special. Took several workshops and drooled over a lot of dulcimers(didn't we Gail). It was a nice festival and everyone involved can be proud of themselves for the job they did. Dave
Davef

summerfest 2003

Postby Gail Knapp » Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:32 pm

Dave, Glad that you got home okay. We know how long it takes to get to where you live cause we used to make that trip in a JB Hunt 18-wheeler. and one summer we met Brian's sister and husband in Zanesville for a few days. They live in Central NY state. Yup, Dave we certainly drooled over all those dulcimers. It was fun poking at them with somebody else for a change. Glad that I got to meet up with you and Don and your wives. Hope cookie gets those hands looked at. there is so much that the Dr. can do now a days. My hands hurt most of the time, but by afternoon the swelling goes down and they are better. the medicine for the Raynauds is helping. As cold as it was inside at Summerfest and the color they turned, at least they didn't get white and numb like usual, so I know that the medicine is working on that aspect. Hope that we can meet up again somewhere, someday. Gail
Gail Knapp

Return to The Archives