Major Change in the Eye Candy Section

Discussion threads tucked away for browsing or searching

Major Change in the Eye Candy Section

Postby bruce » Thu Jun 26, 2003 1:57 pm

All, As most of you know, the Eye Candy section was NOT very well received. In fact, to date, there has been ZERO participation except for my three examples. Why? I was too restrictive in the requirements... ... so I've done away with them! You can upload any size photo you have, and if can be on any background. Just upload what you have! I ask your assistance in getting your dulcimer photos there, AND getting the word out to dulcimer-makers. This is FREE advertising since the picture can link to any site, such as a builder's website. Thanks! Bruce
bruce
Admin

Postby Tom » Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:26 pm

Thanks, Master. I'm guilty of that infamous P (rocrastination) word. Promise to get some to ya 'cept for the four student dulcimers from Harpmaker and our new Fellenbaum. Those will come shortly. Where's the camera, Missy? Tom
Tom
Super Mbr (501-2000 posts)

Postby marcy » Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:57 pm

How feasible or worthwhile would it be to have a thumbprints page, then click on the thumbprint to get the full-size? I for one would like to see a larger, clearer image of your HD... most of the details that make a great-looking instrument require a nice close-up.
marcy

Postby Tom » Mon Jun 30, 2003 6:56 pm

I was waiting for Bruce to answer. Thumbnails work great but you still need space for the full size photo. Photo images such as JPG's can be huge and they not only gobble up storage but take a long time to download. It might be better if folks submit a smaller image with link to their own site if possible. Feel free to look at the ones I posted at http://www.strothers.com/instruments.htm Tom
Tom

Postby Gimlimom » Tue Jul 01, 2003 9:42 pm

Tom, I'm no techie, but I think the period (.) at the end of the link is messing it up.... doesn't work the way it is...... Wanda
Gimlimom
Member (51-100 posts)

Postby bruce » Thu Jul 03, 2003 11:42 am

Sorry for the delay in answering...doggone day job can be taxing at times. The uploaded eye candy picture can be linked to a larger picture, or a page of more pictures, or a luthiers' sales site. It's completely up to the person who makes the listing. The aim of the eye candy section is to compare dulcimers side-by-side, to see all the variation between these great instruments. But what the image is linked to is something I think should belong to the person listing the dulcimer. I have to restrict the space I occupy on my out-sourced server, lest EverythingDulcimer.com get too expensive to keep alive. They charge by how much space I use. So, I'll need to restrict the images to about 200x200 pixels. Any bigger will need to be external links. (Sorry!) With all the freebie spots for webpages these days, hopefully folks can put more picture on the web if they want to. BTW, I linked most of my personal pics to a larger image the other day. I hope this helps. Please fire away with questions! Thanks! Bruce
Last edited by bruce on Thu Jul 03, 2003 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
bruce
Admin

Postby Tom » Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:12 pm

2 fer 1 here. Wanda, I sometimes overlook removing the ending period from a link. It doesn't show up now. Maybe Bruce corrected it. Bruce, do you want me to resubmit the eye candy thing with a link? That will allow you to get rid of the files I sent. Tom
Tom

Postby bruce » Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:05 pm

Yes, I corrected the bad link. No need to do anything Tom. Does your eye candy look okay now? Bruce
bruce
Admin

Postby Tom » Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:14 pm

You Bet. Thanks, Bruce. Tom
Tom

Postby missy » Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:24 am

I just noticed that "someone" sent in a picture of MY bass and Bruce put it on the Eye Candy page.EEK! Thanks Larry! And harpmaker, it's sounding real nice! Missy
missy
Dulcified! (>2000 posts)

Return to The Archives